The courses offered by Alchemy Kids Theatre facilitate learners to observe, explore, experiment and also empowers them with positive skills in communication, presentation & leadership. Over fifty thousand children form across Tamilnadu have benefitted through the Developmental Drama curriculum of Alchemy. The Developmental Drama program aims at nurturing and transforming the young minds to effective and creative leaders of tomorrow.
A leader must know how to lead people creatively. Since theatre art pushes boundaries beyond established norms, it can teach learners about leadership, empathy, ambiguity, change, courage and creativity. Theatre art takes learners on adventures in creative expression that help them to safely explore unknown territory, overcome fear and take conceptual risks. Art-making has an alchemical effect on the imagination. Artistic processes create a crucible for transforming leaden thinking into the gold of wisdom.
Art-based activities can be used strategically to create safety, build trust, find shared values, shift perceptions and generate breakthrough ideas — by combining right-brain imagination with left-brain logic and analysis. Explore the arts as an interdisciplinary catalyst for transformation in culture, creativity, identity and your own personal development as a leader.
To list a few major benefits would include:
- Inquiry that provokes new insights, connections, possibilities, and directions
- Visual Literacy and Observation: The ability to observe, think critically and make meaning from images and information presented
- Cross-pollinating ideas: Thinking together, across cultures, networks and disciplines
- Connecting: Linking ideas that aren’t obviously related. Connecting the unconnected to produce new ideas
- Experimenting intellectually and experientially. Learning by doing. Rehearsing “what if” options that lead to meaningful insights
- Active Listening: Listening to learn, rather than gather ammunition for an argument
- Reflecting through painting, contemplation, journal writing and dialogue to integrate theory with practice, and enhance learning, including learning from mistakes
- Designing strategies, actions and viable solutions.
- Stimulates Creativity & Concentration
- Improves their Self Esteem
- Provides a successful platform for performing arts as a career